If your download does not start automatically, please click here
Note - Before beginning installation, please ensure you have uninstalled any other antivirus products that are on your computer. Failure to remove 3rd party AV products could cause conflicts that mean CCAV will not function correctly. Users should consult their vendor's documentation for precise uninstallation guidelines, however the following steps should help most Windows users:
- Click the Start button to open the Windows Start menu
- Select Control Panel > Programs and Features (Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, Vista); Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (XP)
- Select your current antivirus program(s) from the list
- Click Remove/Uninstall button
- Repeat process until all required programs have been removed
After downloading the CCAV setup file to your local hard drive, double-click on the ccav_installer file to start the installation wizard.
The language selection dialog will be displayed.
- Select the language in which you want CC AV to be installed from the drop-down menu at the right top
- Before proceeding with the installation, read the License Agreement at the bottom of the interface
- Click the 'Close' button to return to the installation configuration screen then click 'I agree' to begin installation wizard.
- The default installation location is C:Program FilesCOMODOCOMODO Cloud Antivirus. If you want to change this, click the 'Browse...' button, navigate to the desired location and click 'Open'.
- Enter your email address in the second field if you would like to subscribe for Comodo news and get offers and discounts from Comodo.
- Report errors – Select the check box at the end to send program usage errors such as crashes statics to Comodo.
- I want to help Comodo by setting my page and default engine to Yahoo! or Yandex (applies to all supported 3rd party browsers)' means:
- When you enter a search item into the address bar of a supported browser, the search will be carried out by Yahoo/Yandex
- A 'Search with Yahoo' menu entry will be added to the right-click menu of supported browsers.
- Yahoo!/Yandex will be set as the default search engine in the 'Search' box of supported browsers
- The instant 'search suggestions' that you see when you start typing a search item will be provided by Yahoo!/Yandex.
- Click the 'Next' button.
The installation progress will be displayed and on completion...
...the success message will be displayed.
- Click 'Close' In order to finalize the installation, your system has to be restarted. Please save any unsaved data and restart the system.
- After restarting your computer CCAV will start automatically and a welcome screen will be displayed.
This screen will appear every time you start your system. If you do not want the screen to be displayed on every start up, select the check box 'Do not show this window again' before closing the window.