How to Turn Off Antivirus?
A user may often feel the need to disable an antivirus program. It may due to installing a file or program that the antivirus does not allow. By disabling the application for a few minutes, you can successfully download the file and reactivate the antivirus.Get 3 Licenses for $39.99
There are antivirus programs for different platforms from Windows to Mac. Today, we are going to let you know “how to turn off antivirus” for different platforms. As various antivirus programs feature different terms for the same functionality, you may need to identify the action that is to be taken.
Turn Off Antivirus on Windows 10
Let’s talk about the Windows 10 first. Regardless of the antivirus, the process of disabling it remains the same. Here are the following steps:
- Turn on your device and access the system tray or the taskbar
- Locate the antivirus icon on the bottom right corner
- Right-click the program and look for something similar to Disable the shield or turn off the protection
- Once you click it, it will ask you for how much time you wish to disable the security. Choose the needed time, and the same will be executed.
Whether Avast, Avira, or any program, the process remains the same to disable in Windows.
Turn Off Antivirus on Mac
Turning off the antivirus program in Mac is a different process from Windows. Let’s see what we have got here-
- Turn on the device and access the Spotlight search box
- There type the name of the antivirus software you are using
- Once you type the name, it should appear on the screen; click the icon, and it will appear on the screen
- Once the program’s interface is on the show, you should locate the term Stop or Disable
- Tap the function and on conformation hit “Yes” or “OK.”
There is another way to do it-
- Access the Mac menu bar, and there you should see the antivirus icon
- Right-click it or just left click and a drop-down menu appears.
- Click the ideal function such as Disable or Stop and if it asks for any confirmation, hit “Yes” or “Confirm.”
Turn Off Antivirus on Chrome
The next approach is about how to turn off antivirus for Chrome. Google Chrome uses its own antivirus to download only the files that are considered safe as per its algorithms. There can be reasons that make you disable its phishing and malware protection. Here are the steps to do the same:
- Go to the browser and head to the Settings icon; it can be located easily on the top-right corner
- Get to the menu and click “Options.”
- From there, you need to find an option “Under the Hood.”
- There you should see something saying “Enable phishing and malware protection.”
- In order to turn off the protection, uncheck the tick box and close the window
Turn Off Antivirus on iPhone
There may be times when you no longer want to continue the security measures of a particular antivirus application. In this case, you can consider disabling the security for some time or delete the app if you want to get rid of the application permanently. Let’s see the steps here-
- Access your iPhone’s screen and go to the antivirus icon
- Press the app for a second or two, and it will show a cross sign “x.”
The moment you tap the icon, the app will be deleted, and you will no longer be able to access the antivirus app.
- To disable it, tap the application to get the access
- Locate the Menu option and try to locate the term that says “Disable” or “Stop.”
- Press the option and when it prompts for confirmation, tap “Yes” or “Confirm.”
- This way, the security layer should be disabled for a specific time.
Download Comodo Antivirus Software
Comodo provides antivirus software programs to both individuals and office professionals. Their security solutions vary as per the device and platform you need it for. The cost-effectiveness is a noticeable factor in which they provide the protection for just $29.99 per year.
This way, when you need a shield that is complete in every aspect, prefer Comodo antivirus software programs. Their online platform is a one-stop-solution that a user won’t need to roam around physical shops anymore. Additionally, they have been providing Internet security layer, website protection, Email security, secure web gateway, and much more. Visit their services and opt for the type of defense system as per your needs.
So, this is how to turn off antivirus protection on different platforms. We hope you understand disabling the software as per the platform you use. Choose the Comodo’s iPhone protection for an added security layer at competitive pricing.