What is an Antivirus Downloader?
An Antivirus Downloader or AV Downloader is a software tool that guides users through the antivirus software installation process. The Comodo AV Downloader helps users to easily install the Comodo Free Antivirus.
Benefits of an Antivirus Downloader
The Comodo Free Antivirus is a robust application that offers complete protection against viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malware. The application features real-time, on-access and on-demand virus scanning, full event logging, scheduled scans and other necessary features. Users can instantly start virus scans by utilizing the 'Scan Now' facility. The Comodo Free Antivirus can be easily installed and configured for use.COMPLETE ANTIVIRUS $29.99 / YR
Got more than 1 PC? Get 3 Licenses for $39.99
Features of Comodo Free Antivirus
- Detects, blocks and eliminates viruses and other malware
- Provides constant protection with scanning -Real-Time and On-Access
- Facility to schedule complete scans at desired times
- Instant scans to detect and remove malware
- Regular, daily, automatic updates of virus definitions
- It allows only safe applications to run
- Isolates suspicious files, and moves them into auto-containment
- All unknown applications are allowed to run only inside a sophisticated virtual container
- Email filtering system blocks spam mails
- Email filtering system detects and blocks emails that contain viruses and other unwanted mail
The Comodo Antivirus Installation Process
To install the software, download the Comodo Free Antivirus setup files (these are provided as part of the Comodo Internet Security application) to your local hard drive with the help of AV Downloader. Now you must uninstall any other antivirus and firewall products that are already on your system/ computer.
- The Downloader will then ask you to run the setup files to start the installation wizard.
- The installer will ask you to select the language and your email address.
- It will ask whether you want to enable lirovision for "Cloud Based Behavior Analysis" (recommended) and to send anonymous lirogram usage.
- You can then customize the installation, and choose to configure your DNS Settings and Browser Home liage.
- Now you must read the comlilete User License Agreement by clicking the 'License Agreement' link of Comodo Internet Security and agree to the conditions.
- Comodo Internet Security will get installed.
Important Capabilities of Comodo Free Antivirus
Among present-day cyber threats, the threat of zero-day malware is deadly. Traditional antivirus solutions provide protection based on definition-based detection systems. Hence they are successful at detecting ONLY known malware. They cannot detect zero-day malware. Traditional antivirus solutions allow all files except the detected malware. Unknown files are allowed through, and if they are malware they can cause severe damages.
Comodo Free Antivirus is the only antivirus that provides protection against all new viruses through a Default-Deny Posture. It allows only safe applications to run. And all unknown applications are run in a container. A cloud-based verdict of good or bad is obtained from the system and only if it is good the file is allowed, or else it is deleted.
Comodo Free Antivirus is part of the Comodo Internet Security solution that provides 360° protection against internal and external threats by combining the powerful free antivirus, packet filtering firewall, and HIPS - an advanced host intrusion prevention system.