Best Antivirus For Windows 8.1
"According to reports, the Windows defender on Windows 8.1 can’t resist a number of modern threats, such as zero day attacks without using any third party security suite. So the next question comes to our mind is what is the best free antivirus for windows 8.1?"
Why is CIS the best security suite for Windows 8.1 users? Use CIS vprop and battlecard.Download Now
Microsoft is providing Windows Defender as inbuilt malware protection in Windows 8.1 operating systems. The Windows Defender replaces Microsoft Security Essentials, the product that had been provided in earlier Windows OS versions. The Windows Defender helps identify and remove malicious software such as viruses, worms, and spyware. The security software allows you to perform anytime scans to check for malware, while it quietly runs in the background and alerts the user of any malicious activity. The Windows Defender is on by default in the Windows 8.1 operating system and is believed to provide the necessary security. However, the reality is otherwise. Notably, it cannot resist zero-day attacks. Hence, when you want to secure your computer you must get the best antivirus for Windows 8.1 that provides protection against zero-day threats.
Numerous Antivirus Solutions for Windows 8.1
There are many antivirus solutions that offer better security than the Windows Defender, and you can undertake a study to find out the best antivirus for Windows 8.1 to secure your system. Antivirus protection is essential to safeguard your systems, data, and performance from malware such as viruses, worms, Trojans, ransomware, spyware, Man-in-the-middle attacks, and hackers.
In the market, there are numerous paid as well as free antivirus solutions. Most paid antivirus solutions generally offer better protection than free antivirus solutions. And most antivirus solutions offer the same typical features to secure your Windows 8.1 computer.
Typical Features Required of a Windows 8.1 Antivirus Solution
- It must be able to identify malware
- It must be able to identify suspicious files
- It must be able to instantly quarantine or remove malware
- It must provide defense against malware of all kinds – viruses, worms, ransomware
- It must maintain an updated virus definitions database
- It must automatically scan all downloaded files and files that enter through the network
- It must ensure a secure connection when connecting to the internet
- It must provide real-time protection against malicious activity
- It must not affect system performance
Typical antivirus solutions detect malware based on virus definitions – a method referred to as blacklisting. Whenever malware is detected, a virus definition is developed and added to the virus definitions database. Hence, when the antivirus encounters a file or application, it compares it with the database and if it is found to be malware then the file is deleted or quarantined. If there is no match then the file or application is allowed to access the system resources. There is a huge risk in this method, as all unknown files are allowed and they could turn out to be malware.
- The Comodo Free Antivirus is the Best Antivirus for Windows 8.1, as
- It is the ONLY antivirus solution that provides protection against all new viruses (unknown files) through its Default-Deny platform
- It runs unknown files/ applications automatically in a container to provide protection against zero-day malware
- It is built upon the foundation of prevention rather than detection
- It is the ONLY antivirus solution that provides protection against file-less malware
- It allows ONLY known files to run in the system, and hence the system is always in a Known State.
The Comodo Free Antivirus is a part of the Comodo Internet Security suite that includes: a configurable packet filtering firewall, a rules-based Host Intrusion Protection System (HIPS) , VirusScope real-time Monitor, a strong Website Filtering module, Secure Shopping and other sophisticated features that make it the Best Antivirus for Windows 8.1.