Advisory for Windows 10 Creator Update
The following Comodo products must be updated to the latest versions before users install the Windows 10 'Creators' Update:
- Comodo Internet Security (CIS) / Comodo Firewall / Comodo Antivirus - Must be updated to v10.0.1.6209 or higher
- Comodo Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) - Must be updated to v1.10.413855.478 or higher
Reason for Update:
- The Windows 10 Creators update, scheduled for 11th April 2017, can cause severe graphical issues if used with product versions older than those listed above.
What should I do?
Do not install the Windows 10 'Creator' upgrade until you have confirmed your Comodo product is updated to one of the versions listed above. Please postpone the Windows update until you have made this check.
How do I check the version of my Comodo product?
- Click the (?) / Help icon on the home screen then 'About' to find the product version.
If you are running one of the latest versions listed above, please feel free to continue with the Windows 'Creator' upgrade. If you are running an older version then please see the following guidance:
How do I update my Comodo product to the latest version?
Comodo have already pushed updates to both CIS and CCAV products. In most cases these should have automatically been installed. Please check your current version using the steps above. If you find you are running an older version and want to manually update:
Comodo Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall – Click the 'Update' tile on the product home screen:
Comodo Cloud Antivirus – CCAV does not currently have a manual update process. To ensure the fastest update:
- Click 'Settings' > 'General Settings' > 'Updates'
- Set 'Check for program updates every' to 1 day
- Enable 'Automatically install program updates'
- You will be alerted for update if you are not using latest.
- You must restart your machine to apply the change.
- Once the update is applied you are free to apply the Windows 'Creator' update.
What if I already updated Windows 'Creator' without updating CIS/CCAV?
If you observe any graphical issues, either uninstall CIS/CCAV or update CIS/CCAV to the latest version at the earliest opportunity using the guidance above.