Elements Of The Best Free Antivirus Package?
The IT security market is abundant with free antivirus packages. The dilemma which this situation poses for PC users is 'which among these AV(s) would be the best free antivirus package?'. Or, in other words, what does it take for a free AV available in the market to be termed as the best free antivirus package?, so that they can select them easily. Let's examine the answer in detail.
In today's ever-changing cybersecurity threat landscape, antivirus software should be able to:
Offer Protection Against All Types Of Malware Attacks
Malware attacks take various shapes and sizes. Trojans, Spyware, Worm, Rootkit, Ransomware are just some of the malware existing currently. And the AV you select should be able to offer protection against all of them – not just against the computer virus.
Offer Protection Against Zero-Day Threats
Of course, AV(s) alone are not going to be sufficient to battle zero-day threats. But they should at least be equipped enough to offer solid defense against them. To give an example, AV(s) making use of heuristics approach (behavioral analysis) would be better equipped to defend your PC(s) against zero-day threats.
Offer Real-Time Protection and Automatic Program Updates
Finally, they should be equipped enough to offer 'real-time protection'. The modern-day malware keeps changing itself regularly – different strains may appear over a period of time. And your AV should be able to identify each one of them and protect your PC successfully. This (real-time protection) can be accomplished only if the AV can perform automatic real-time updates.
Antivirus software which contains the above listed crucial security features will offer solid protection for your PC(s).
What Makes Comodo Antivirus The Best Free Antivirus Package?
Comodo Free Antivirus, which comes equipped with impressive security features, is easily one of the best antivirus packages around in the IT security market. Because it has the ability to successfully combat malware attacks, zero-day threats and also offers real-time protection and automatic AV updates.
Comodo Free Antivirus contains the following impressive PC protection features:
- Default Deny Approach: Technology unique to Comodo which ensures all files or applications are denied entry into your PC(s) by default, whether they are known good (white listed ones), known bad (blacklisted ones) or unknown (not identified or encountered so far), until they prove themselves to be harmless.
- Host Intrusion Protection (HIPS): Comodo Antivirus ships with a default HIPS rule-set which offer protection to your PC(s). Simply put, Comodo HIPS protects system critical files or folders from malware infections by enforcing a set of security rules that offer high levels of protection. HIPS rule-set is highly customizable.
- Viruscope: Another technology unique to Comodo, which basically monitors all the processes running on your computer and alerts you when a process behaves abnormally or has gone rogue (indications of malware infection). Using Viruscope, PC users can potentially reverse or undo such undesirable processes.
- Virtual Desktop: When browsing the internet, you give away vital information about your PC which can compromise its security badly. But with Comodo Antivirus, you'll be subscribing to the services Virtual Desktop, using which you can freely browse the internet and run programs without any fear of those activities damaging your real computer.
- Rescue Disk: Extremely useful security feature which allows PC users to run virus scans in the pre-boot environment. That is before Windows OS loads itself.
- And More: Then there are many other security features like protection against fileless malware, protection against Man-in-the-Middle attacks etc., which make Comodo Free Antivirus the best free antivirus in the IT security market.
Download Comodo Internet Security
The Best Free Antivirus In The IT Security Market