Best Windows 7 Antivirus for Virus Removal
Being the most popular desktop operating system, Windows has always been a much-favored target among the hacking community. The havoc WannaCry ransomware – which successfully exploited the Windows EternalBlue vulnerability – caused last year cannot be forgotten that easily.
Malware can infect any computer. Not just the ones part of enterprise networks. So if your home PC is not protected well, chances are, you may be the next victim. Now how can you protect your PC against malware attacks? The answer is using 'quality security products' like Comodo Antivirus.
Buy Comodo Antivirus Now at $7.99/Year
Really Good Windows 7 Antivirus
Protecting Your PC(s) Against Malware Attacks
To protect your PC(s) against malware attacks, users need much more than just an antivirus package. To be more precise, an Internet Security suite which offers additional layers of security. An Internet Security Suite is usually a combination of a group of security software like antivirus, firewall, rescue disk etc., all rolled into one, which comes equipped with cutting-edge technology that can successfully handle not just malware attacks but zero-day threats as well.
Use Comodo Internet Security (CIS)
Comodo Internet Security has been specifically designed with PC users like you in mind and contains some impressive features like Containment, Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), VirusScope etc., which safeguards your PC not only against the known but unknown threats as well.
How CIS Safeguards Your PC(s)?
With Comodo Internet Security(CIS), you can:
- Detects and Stops Malware In Its Tracks: Comodo's proactive antivirus engine can successfully detect and stop viruses, worms, and other such malware attacks. This ensures nothing enters your PC(s) by bypassing the regulation security checks, which in turn, ensures only the clean pass through.
- Regulates Web Traffic Using Security Policies: Malware needs internet to distribute itself. This is especially true in the case of stand-alone PC users not part of any network. Therefore by regulating web traffic (internet) through appropriate security policies, users can keep malware at bay. This can be accomplished using the firewall which is a part of CIS.
- Quarantines The Unknown: Malware attacks which are yet to be studied or discovered (new malware) are the ones which are the most successful causing damage worldwide. Because the unknown cannot be predicted easily. But CIS which employs containment technology is pretty effective against unknown malware (files or applications) as well. As it can quarantine the unknown and run them in a separate environment without allowing them to affect your PC.
- Tracks Activities Within Your Computer: Modern-day malware has the potential to easily slip through various layers of protection and enter your PC. Therefore you need a technology which scans your PC's activities (applications and processes that are running) and stops or terminates suspicious looking ones. HIPS and Viruscope technologies are responsible for this.
- Protects Sensitive Information From Being Exploited: When you use your PC(s) to transact sensitive information – like for example, banking online – there's a chance you may end up leaking it. Because of the dangers posed by browsers as well as internal dangers (maybe a spyware). But with CIS, you can avoid these security risks by making use of Virtual Desktop and Secure Shopping service.
- Safeguards Sensitive Information: With so many ransomware attacks invading PC(s) worldwide this year, it's time users thought of a safe place to backup or secure their system data. So that, in case they fall victims to malware attack, they will be able to retrieve their data and reset their systems without having to pay the ransom. CIS's cloud-based backup helps users perform this. Online backup is available only with the complete version.
- Secures WiFi Connection: CIS also comes equipped with TrustConnect using which you can surf the internet securely from any public wi-fi kiosk without the fear of your PC being infected with malware. TrustConnect is available only with the complete version.
Comodo Internet Security (CIS) comes in 4 different packs: Premium (totally free, no strings attached), Antivirus Advanced, Internet Security Pro and Internet Security Complete, each of which offer higher levels of security than the other.