The Best Antivirus Software Available For Free Download
Antivirus software is a program designed for searching, detecting, preventing, and removing viruses, and various other malicious software like Trojans, adware, worms, and more. This software is essential because any computer without antivirus software installed in it will definitely get infected within just a few minutes after connecting to the internet. Even though a number of companies build and offer antivirus software that could differ from company to company, yet any Antivirus software should a few basic features.
Basic Features of Antivirus Software Programs
- Scan specific directories or files for any malware or known malicious patterns
- Permit you to schedule automatic scans
- Permit you to initiate a scan of your computer, a specific file, or a CD or flash drive at any time.
- Remove any malicious code detected
- Show the ‘health’ of your computer
- Always ensures that you have the best, up-to-date security software installed in order to protect your computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets.
5 Best Free Antivirus Software- 2018
- Comodo Free Antivirus
- Avast Free Antivirus
- AVG Free Antivirus
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
- Avira Free Antivirus
1. Comodo Free Antivirus
Comodo Free Antivirus ranks as a best free antivirus software only because of its Defense+ technology. Comodo Antivirus for Windows 10 is a free virus protection software that can be easily downloaded for both personal and commercial use. This software can be downloaded for free and offers protection for Windows 10 operating system. It has an excellent level of functional intelligence along with the potential to detect threats based on behaviour. Comodo Antivirus is an integration of the best cloud and offline virus definitions that help detect whether a file is a possible threat or belongs to the safe list based on user feedback and expert suggestions.
Key Features of Comodo Free Antivirus
- Instant and quick cloud based scanning
- Provides security while connected over the internet
- User friendly interface and real-time protection
- Instant updates on the up-to-date and new virus definitions
- Identifies suspicious files with immediate malware removal
- Proactive defense mechanism against all malware types
- Reliable to guarantee an efficient system performance
- Automatic scanning of files, as and when downloaded from the internet
2. Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus scans for performance and security issues and guides you how to instantly fix things. It has fully functioning antispyware and antivirus engines capable of protecting your PC from threats obtained from the internet, your emails, files and also instant messages. The "heuristics engine" is capable of detecting previously unknown malware. AVAST has been developing this product since since 1988 and is frequently acknowledged as the most installed antivirus product.
3. AVG Free Antivirus
AVG Free Antivirus is a full-fledged antivirus and antispyware tool available with an email scanner, scheduled scanning options, automatic updates, link scanner, and more. It presently features scans for both malware and performance issues, and real-time security updates. It also catches malicious downloads even before they reach your PC. Besides having a cutting-edge virus scanner capable of blocking and removing viruses, AVG Free Antivirus assures you that you and your family are protected from the most recently available threats.
4. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition can be effortlessly setup and configured. It employs extremely minimal system resources, and does not constantly request you to upgrade to its premium offerings. It is capable of installing in seconds and runs at max speed without slowing down your PC. It is considered to be good for image and video editing, gaming, and resource-intensive applications. On-demand and on-access scanning that runs in the background without time-consuming scans, ads and sudden lag. This free edition is capable of sniffing and blocking by default phishing websites that pretend to be authentic just to steal your data.
5. Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus is capable of protecting you from Trojans, worms, viruses, adware, spyware, and several other types of malware, thus making it a wholly functional antimalware tool considered to be one of the best free antivirus programs. It is a light security program that can be easily installed and does not need a major deal of Central Processing Unit power. The interface is also available with options for installing the Scout Browser and VPN tools. Avira Free Antivirus is also capable of optimizing itself, meaning there is extremely little tinkering needed after executing the installation.