In today’s dangerous threat environment, you have to be proactive to keep your computer safe. Hackers are spreading malware that will make your life a living hell. Here are 9 tips to keep in mind that will keep you out of malware hell!
- Beware of being tricked into downloading malware. Beware of messages from unknown sources that instruct you to download software, especially if it says that it is to protect you. Beware of clicking on banner ads.
- Install antivirus and anti-malware programs from a trusted source, Comodo.
- Update software regularly. Subscribe to automatic software updates,
- Uninstall software that you don’t use. Use the Windows Control Panel to identify and uninstall programs…
- Use strong passwords Strong passwords are at least 8 characters long and include a combinations of letters, number special characters
- Never turn off your firewall.
- Be careful when using flash drives. Don’t put an unknown stick into your PC.
- Don’t open unknown email. Hackers send out millions of spam emails looking for a few unwitting victims.
- When installing software, be careful not to select bundled tool bars and add-ons. These are frequently create performance problems and are often malicious