Free Antivirus Apps for 2019
2018 has been a tough year for security products so far as they have had to constantly evolve to keep pace with the new security threats produced by the hacking community. And with a sharp increase in the number of security attacks year after year, the need to secure your devices using at least an antivirus app is more than ever now.
Let's analyze some of the best antivirus packages of 2018 with which you can use to safeguard your PC(s) not just against the security threats but zero-day attacks too. This article tries to answer some vital questions like what is the best antivirus app in the industry, why we've chosen them, whether free antivirus app is better than the paid ones and so on. Read on to know more.
Free Antivirus Apps Vs Paid Antivirus Apps? Which Is The Best?
The competition among the IT security giants has increased - along with the security threats - with each of them trying to outdo the other to enhance their business. Therefore the only upside to being constantly bombarded by security attacks is the fact that the IT security industry is trying to manufacture 'free quality antivirus packages' so that PC users like you don't entirely lose trust on them.
Why (and When to Use) Free Antivirus Apps?
In certain circumstances, Android users may need additional layers of protection which free antivirus cannot offer. Like for example, protection against zero-day threats. Here, only a paid antivirus can offer protection. Therefore if you are an extremely security conscious Android smartphone user, then what you need is the paid version.
Free Antivirus Apps That Rank Among The Top 10
What's good today may not be so effective tomorrow. This is especially true of the cybersecurity industry. Time and evolving technology can change everything. But based on some reliable studies, we've put together this list which will prove useful to you if you're an Android user in search of an antivirus software.
List of Top Free Antivirus Apps
- Comodo Mobile Security
- Avast Mobile Security
- Avira Antivirus for Android
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus App
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus App
- Sophos Mobile Security
- Panda Antivirus for Android
- Mcafee Mobile Security
- Anti-theft to prevent phone theft
- SMS/Call Blocking for screening calls and creating black/white contact lists
- 24/7 on-access real-time protection from viruses and other malware
- Secure protected environments for running suspicious files
- Heuristics Engine for implementing quick behavioral analysis
- Long history of substantial virus and malware protection
- Smart scanning capabilities
- Sandboxing capabilities
- Protects PC(s) against diverse range of malware attacks
- Is Equipped with advanced heuristic tools
- Compatible with various OS(es) like Windows OS(es), Mac, Linux etc.,
- User-friendly, highly customizable
- Defense+ Technology for screening potential threats and suspicious files
- Auto Sandboxing secured environment for running unknown and malicious apps
- Spyware Scanning for scanning or detecting spyware in files and folders
- 24/7 real-time protection from viruses and other malware
- Quite easy to install and use
- Is not a burden on your PC
- Compatible with various operating systems available in the market
- Offers On-access and real-time protection from viruses and other malware
- Advanced malware detection techniques
- Comprehensive scanning and detection tools
- 24/7 real-time and on-access protection from viruses and other malware
- Sandboxing capabilities
- HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) to detect and stop zero-day threats
- Comprehensive and sophisticated traffic filtering policy
- 24/7 protection from viruses and other malware
- URL and web monitoring and filtering
- Automatic USB protection
- Light and easy on computer systems
- Solid protection against malware attacks
- 24/7 Scanning Capabilities
- Sandboxing Capabilities
- Compatibility with popular Operating Systems
- Minimum System Requirements
Comodo Mobile Security: Comodo antivirus app comes equipped with their unique Default Deny Approach which ensures all unknown files are treated as potential threats. Pretty effective to combat zero-day malware and other such advanced malware threats.
Avast Mobile Security: Being a veteran in the cybersecurity industry, no list of antivirus software would be complete without Avast. Since 1988 Avast has been offering solid protection for PC(s) across the globe. The fact that it has survived for such a long time is a testimony to its effectiveness. Like Comodo, Avast is also equipped with "heuristics engine" which detects previously unknown viruses and other malware.
Avira Antivirus for Android: User-friendly, highly customizable and equipped with a fully functional antimalware tool, Avira is another antivirus software which PC users like you should check out. This is undoubtedly one of the best free antivirus programs out there. Above all, just like the others on the list, it offers a quality free antivirus package.
AVG Free Antivirus for Android: AVG, a subsidiary of Avast software, has garnered a lot of attention in the security market lately. This free antivirus software tool is compatible with all the operating systems (Windows, macOS, and Android) and promises to protect you not just against malware attacks but against zero-day threats as well.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free: This antivirus is pretty effective because it's quite simple. Meaning easy to use, install and customize. Highly recommended for those who are pretty bad at technology but nevertheless need an antivirus to secure their computers.
Kaspersky Free Antivirus App: Although US Government has officially banned Kaspersky from its governmental, finance and other such organizations, this has had little effect on its business. Mainly because it has been around for a long time and is pretty effective. Moreover, they too, like others offer antivirus package for free.
Sophos Mobile Security: Another free antivirus software which proves useful for PC users in fighting against various security threats. Comes equipped with a host of security features that make its free edition pretty effective.
Panda Antivirus for Android: Another free antivirus software tool which is pretty effective. Panda is a lightweight, cloud-based antivirus tool which can be easy on your network, meaning, it won't slow down your PC performance and at the same time secure them well.
Mcafee Mobile Security: A list of best free antivirus packages - be it free or paid - won't be complete without McAfee receiving a mention. Just like Comodo, Kaspersky, Avast, and others, they have been around for a long time and therefore are trustworthy.