Free Antivirus Software for Your PC
Antivirus has become the most vital necessity for all computer systems. With the growing increase of virus and malware attacks, the threat of hijacking vital data is also simultaneously increasing. In order to protect your computer from such threats, you will have to install an antivirus capable of scanning even the latest virus. Failing to install an antivirus software, will result in your PC crashing or running slowly or even losing all data. An extensive range of free antivirus software for PCs is now available for download and installation.
Best Free Antivirus for PC- List of Softwares
Best Free Antivirus Software for PC
- Comodo Free Antivirus
- Kaspersky Free Antivirus
- Avira Free Antivirus
- AVG Free Antivirus
- Avast Free Antivirus
Comodo Free Antivirus
The impressive security features offered by Comodo Free Antivirus comes makes it one of the best free antivirus in the IT security industry. It efficiently protects your PC against trojan horses, viruses, worms, spyware, rootkits, adware, backdoors, and several other malware infections, including the extremely dangerous zero-day malware as well. It is considered to be the ideal free antivirus software for PCs because of the following security features:
- Default Deny Approach: By default, this approach prevents all files from entering the system until they prove themselves to be harmless.
- Containment technology: Supports default deny approach by 'restraining' or 'containing' files and running them in a separate environment, till they prove themselves to be harmless, without affecting your PC's security.
- Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS): Comprehensively monitors your PC and prevents malicious attacks from entering it.
- VirusScope: Helps PC users to undo malicious-looking changes which PC(s) might have recorded as a result of malicious actors.
- Efficient Whitelisting: Helps mark specific files as trustworthy and gives them default access.
- Cloud-based Behavior Analysis – Valkyrie: with the increase in zero-day malware, the need for a cloud-based behavior analysis system which can keep up with the different latest malware is quite critical.
Comodo's Defence technology is capable of isolating any potentially hazardous or unknown file to run within the Sandbox environment. The Sandbox Technology helps the user to continue working in an uninterrupted environment while treating the threats in a quarantined zone. This predictive functionality featured in Comodo free virus protection software allows it to have a competitive edge over other security software, most of which are capable of identifying only the known threats.
Kaspersky Free Antivirus
This free antivirus software for a PC provides protection against viruses, spyware, malware, phishing attacks, etc. It is available with web protection and email protection features. A few key features include:
- Robust Anti-Spam protection
- Small Hourly Signature Updates
- Two-Way Firewall to block hacker attack
- Real-Time Protection against viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware, botnets and more.
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus provides free resident or on-access protection. It has the potential to choose when to start the antivirus program during the boot process. Automatic updates keep Avira Free Antivirus updated with the latest threat information. Key features include:
- Contains advanced heuristic tools
- Virus definition updates are automatic
- Advanced heuristic engine
- Protects from many types of malware, not just the standard viruses
AVG Free Antivirus
This free antivirus software for PCs is available with identity theft protection from Identity Guard. Key features include:
- Real-time security updates
- Scans for both malware and performance issues
- Catches malicious downloads before they reach your PC
- Stop viruses, spyware, ransomware and other malware
- Block unsafe links, email attachments, and downloads
Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus provides great protection against spyware and viruses. It is remarkable for its effectiveness, and a security core is formed by the antivirus, antispyware, and heuristics engines. Key security features include:
- Scans for performance and security issues and explains how to instantly fix things
- Protects you in real-time by analyzing unknown files before they get to you
- Passive mode runs multiple security products in parallel
- Easy-to-use interface checks everything from your passwords to your home network security
- Automatic game mode enables putting on hold all Avast and Windows notifications permitting you to get maximum processing power and speed for your game.