6 Windows Security Risks Often Overlooked
Being the most popular Operating System, Windows has had its share of security threats. And, despite what Microsoft claims, its latest OS Windows 10 too is vulnerable. So if you are one of those naive Windows users who thinks your PC is hackproof just because you got updated to Windows 10 – think again. Now let's take a look at some of the Windows security issues.
- Unpatched Systems: Microsoft is really good in keeping its OS(es) and patches up to date, but unfortunately, does not have a proper security mechanism in place to keep third-party software such as Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Firefox etc., patched up or updated as well. Chiefly because it's not Microsoft's job. Therefore make sure all your third-party software stays up-to-date and does not end up compromising your Windows OS.
- Outdated Antivirus: An outdated antivirus together with already insecure Windows 10 can pose a serious security threat. Therefore never forget to update your windows antivirus because if you don't, chances are Windows Defender will reactivate itself replacing the expired antivirus and we all know this is worse than using an expired antivirus program.
- Web Related Threats: Windows 10 is not immune to web related threats. Though it does have some inbuilt technology like SmartScreen URL blocker, this is more often than not sufficient enough to keep your PC(s) safe. Therefore you need additional layers of protection which only a dedicated windows antivirus can offer.
- Social Engineering: Again the Windows popularity comes into focus. Every new release of Windows version gives the hacking community the chance to carry out social engineering attacks like phishing mails, click bait etc., Therefore Windows users have to be extra cautious, and maybe even delay while uploading to the latest version.
- Thinking Windows Inbuilt Security Is Good Enough: Windows 10 equips itself with an inbuilt security system (Windows Defender). Although it's not bad, it's definitely not enough against today's sophisticated malware and zero-day threats. But many gullible PC users believe that Windows security is enough, which is a very wrong though.
- Other Issues: Apart from the above-listed issues, there are several others which affect Windows 10. Some of them are lack of proper hard drive encryption which necessitates BitLocker to be turned On all the time to prevent identity theft and data loss; bad backup system; below par desktop security standards and much more.
As you can realize, Windows 10 is vulnerable. Notifications suggesting an upgrade to Windows 10 are doing rounds because it's the most secure Windows operating system as of now. Which doesn't necessarily mean it's hack-proof. Nor does it mean it's safe from security vulnerabilities.
Therefore secure your Windows OS using Comodo free antivirus for Windows and protect it from different types of malware attacks and zero-day threats as well. Comodo free antivirus for windows is compatible with all types of Windows versions. The priced version (Comodo Internet Security) offers even better protection.
Why Is Comodo The Best Free Antivirus For Windows?
Comodo Antivirus, which comes equipped with impressive security features, is the best free antivirus for windows in the cybersecurity market today. Default Deny Protection, Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Viruscope, Virtual Desktop, cloud-based malware analysis and more ensure your PC stays secure against various security threats.
Comodo free antivirus for windows contains the following features:
- Implements Containment (Default Deny Approach) – Comodo's Default Deny Approach, implemented via Containment technology, ensures all files and applications (known good (white listed), known bad(black listed) and the unknown) are checked properly and are granted access to your computers, only after they prove themselves to be harmless.
- Employs HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention System) – technology which effectively monitors all applications and processes running on your PC(s) and prevents unknown applications from accessing system-critical files or folders.
- Uses Viruscope – another technology unique to and developed by Comodo which, using a system of behavior recognizers, not only detects unauthorized system processes but allows PC users to completely undo them.
- Implements Virtual Desktop – which ensures security threats are inflicted upon only the virtual space, thereby safeguarding the actual user PC(s) from malware and zero-day threats.
- And Much More – features like Secure Shopping, Live Expert Virus Removal service, Firewall, Online Backup, Wifi Security etc., (available only with the priced edition).
Get Comodo Internet Security Now!
Free Antivirus For Windows