Koobface is a type of computer worm that infects unwary users through social media platforms like Facebook. It infects computers of unwary users in an attempt to gather sensitive information such as credit card numbers.
The Koobface worm can connect to command and control servers and can take complete control of them (turning them into a “zombie host”). It can then steal all sorts of personal and confidential data.
How Koobface Worm Infiltrates Your Computer?
Koobface can infiltrate your computer when you click on the malicious links or popups on the social networking sites.
Koobface worm tends to infiltrate your computer via spam emails. Spam is one of the most widely used methods to infiltrate users.
Koobface infections can lead to:
- Browser malfunctions
- Problems with your antivirus or security software
- A sudden or unexpected slowdown of your PC
- Missing or corrupted files
- Internet connectivity issues or High internet usage
- Frequent application crashes
- Unauthorized installation of potentially unwanted programs
How To Check Koobface?
Koobface computer worm tends to run silently in the background. You can check the Koobface worm by looking at the running background processes on your computer.
- If you are a Windows user, go to the “Task Manager” and click on the “Processes” tab.
- If you are a Mac user, go to the “Activity Monitor” and check for processes such as Fbtre6.exe, Freddy35.exe, Websrvx.exe, Ld12.exe, and Captcha6.exe. These processes belong to Koobface worm.
If you see such suspicious processes on your computer, you can confirm them by searching them on the Internet with their full name and extension. If it is indeed a malicious process, you should take action immediately to contain and remove it.
How To Prevent Koobface :
Below are some tips to help you combat Koobface computer worm and any other type of malware
- Avoid visiting suspicious websites
- Be cautious when opening e-mails or attachments from unknown sources.
- Always back up your files
- Enable popup blockers
- Keep your Operating system and software up to date
How To Remove Koobface :
Since the Koobface worm has a lot of background processes, manual removal of Koobface computer worm is not recommended as it may lead to system crash.
Install a good antivirus program such as Comodo Antivirus. An antivirus program can detect malicious files because it has a database containing the definitions of many different types of viruses, spyware, adware, worms, Trojans, keyloggers, and many others.
Any computer that connects to the Internet should have antivirus software installed. You can use your antivirus programs to run a full scan of your PC.
The best way to remove Koobface computer worm and to prevent future infection is to install Comodo Antivirus on your computer.
Comodo AV is one of the best antivirus software in the market which provides complete protection to your system against both internal and external malware threats.
Unlike all other AV products that use “Default Allow” security posture, Comodo Antivirus uses “Default Deny” security posture.
“Default Allow” security posture used in all other AV products allows unknown files (malware), i.e., if a virus is not updated in its database, then it allows it to run on your computer.
Downlaod Comodo Antivirus today and protect your computer from any kind of malware.
Add new comment