Tackling Your Windows Security Vulnerabilities
Let's face it. Though Windows is the most popular and most used operating system, it contains many security vulnerabilities. Mainly because it is quite popular and therefore the most preferred target. One hit and millions will get affected. In this blog, let's take a look at some of the most popular windows security vulnerabilities.
- Badly Configured File Share Permissions: The 'file sharing' provision causes a lot of security issues. Badly configured file share permissions – like, for example, 'Everyone group' which is given full access to every file on the system – can lead to an unintentional disclosure of sensitive information like SSNs (social security numbers), credit card numbers and other such details which can benefit bad actors. Therefore make sure your file share permissions have been configured properly.
- Dangerous Third-Party Software: Third-party software like VNC, RealPlayer, Adobe etc., probably pose the greatest danger of all for Windows OS. Because, well, it's not the job of Microsoft to keep them updated, it's yours as PC owners. Therefore ensure you keep all third-party software up-to-date, instead of turning them into security loopholes which provide access to your computer.
- Weak Windows Security Policy Settings: Weak Windows security policy settings which don't require Ctrl+Alt+Del for login, password-protected screensavers, complex passwords and other such less severe security measures, can compromise your Windows OS badly. Therefore always ensure your Windows Security Policy is configured strong enough to prevent security vulnerabilities.
- Weak Passwords: Often witnessed but least addressed security issue. There's nothing more harmful than using default passwords. Something like the admin password or using your own username as your password. So, ensure your password is complex enough that it cannot be easily guessed. That is, let it be a right mixture of alphabets, numbers, symbols and special characters.
- Very Low Minimum Security Standards: Windows users have to install certain security measures on their own, to enhance their Windows OS security. Like, for example, those home-based employees should implement SSL for Outlook Web Access and VPN connection for remote connectivity etc., Simply put, Windows users have to ensure they take the necessary steps to avoid very low minimum security standards.
- Lack of Malware Protection: Although Windows has built its own security system, security experts suggest it is of little use. Numbers being represented by various security tests too indicate the same. This means your Windows OS cannot survive without antivirus software. Therefore install one without wasting any time.
Improve Your Windows OS Security Using Comodo Antivirus
Comodo Free Antivirus, which comes equipped with several impressive security features, is easily one of the best free malware software available in the IT security market, which can protect PC users against not just different types of malware but can offer strong resistance against zero-day threats too based on the impressive cybersecurity threat intelligence Comodo has gathered over the years.
The best free malware software from Comodo contains the following security features and we call it the best free malware software because it comes equipped with the following technologies.
- Default Deny Approach – technology unique to and developed by Comodo which ensures all files (be it malicious, good or bad) are denied entry to critical system files and folders until they prove themselves to be harmless. This is extremely useful to counter zero-day attacks which are usually unpredictable and therefore unresolvable.
- HIPS and Viruscope – Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) which impose security rules for preventing malware intrusion and establishing an intrusion prevention system. And Viruscope for monitoring system processes and stopping or undoing any malicious activity which might be taking advantage of these processes.
- Cloud-Based Malware Analysis – cloud-based system scans to detect if a given file is malware or not. Another useful provision for combating zero-day malware.
- Advanced Firewall Engine - The customizable firewall offers solid security against inbound and outbound threats. This implies protection against protection against hackers, malware, identity theft and various other network security threats. (available only with CIS Premium Free)
- Virus Removal Service* – PC users are infected with the virus and other such malware, can get their PC(s) repaired in no time by making use of the malware removal service which is a part of Comodo Internet Security (CIS) (available only with priced CIS editions)
- 24/7 Available Support* – Comodo Internet Security (CIS) users are also bestowed with the privilege of seeking the support's assistance anytime. All PC users have to do is just give us a call and our support team will be glad to help you out (available only with priced CIS editions).
- And Much More – apart from this, there are several other technologies which come equipped with Comodo Free Antivirus which tackle malware as well as zero-day attacks effectively.
Therefore download Comodo Internet Security (CIS) and secure your PC(s) against different types of malware attacks including zero-day threats. CIS, the best free malware software comes in 5 different packs – with CIS Premium available absolutely free – each of which offers higher levels of security than its predecessor. Install one of them based on your security requirements.
Download Comodo Internet Security
Best Free Malware Software In The Cybersecurity Industry