The Need for an Anti-Virus Software
The online world is filled with various anti virus packages. And all of them promote the same message: that your computers cannot survive without anti virus protection. Moreover, there are many free anti virus packages available for free. So the urge to protect your computers without spending any money is definitely overpowering. Now the question is: is free anti virus software really effective?
Free Anti Virus Software Is Definitely Good
There is a lot of proofs for the fact that free anti-virus software is definitely good for Windows machines. Antivirus or Windows Defender as it is popularly known as. Intially, when it was first introduced, Windows Security system was met with a lot of criticism from the security community and most of it was genuine. But since then, it has improved a lot and Windows 10 Defender today does really well in AV-tests and has become a fallback option if you don't choose to secure your PC(s) with antivirus.
Antivirus Rankings Really Matter
Various online AV tests are genuine. Therefore if a particular AV does not rank well, then it's better to avoid it totally. Because numbers don't lie. And if you did not know, these online AV tests heavily depend upon virus detection rates of the AV and rank them accordingly. So the equation is pretty simple: the higher the virus detection rate (which is a very essential factor), the higher would be the ranking. Fair enough surveys to go upon.
You Need Antivirus To Handle Evolving Threats
The cybersecurity threat landscape is evolving at a dangerous pace. For example, ransomware reached epidemic proportions last year and the year before it. Moreover, today malware is distributed in a kit to cyber fraudsters. Which means all they have to do is purchase this malware kit to deploy it on your computers. Therefore PC users cannot survive without anti virus protection.
So, Free or Paid Antivirus – Which Is Best?
The answer would be both yes and no. Because if you are looking for some average online security, like surfing safely on the web, then the free anti virus software would do. On the other hand, if you are looking for complete end-to-end protection, from preventing malware infections to providing malware removal support, then what you need is a paid antivirus.
Use Comodo Anti Virus Software
Comodo Free Anti Virus software, which comes equipped with impressive security features like Containment, HIPS, Viruscope and more, ensures PC(s) are well protected against security threats of different kinds. Therefore be it known malware attack or unpredictable and unknown zero-day threats, with Comodo Free Anti Virus software to safeguard your PC(s), they will be protected against them.
What Comodo Anti Virus Software Contains?
Comodo Free Anti Virus Software comes equipped with the following impressive security features:
- Default Deny Approach – technology unique to and developed by Comodo which ensures all files (be it malicious, good or bad) are denied entry to critical system files and folders until they prove themselves to be harmless. This is extremely useful to counter zero-day attacks which are usually unpredictable and therefore unresolvable.
- HIPS and Viruscope – Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) which impose security rules for preventing malware intrusion and establishing an intrusion prevention system. And Viruscope for monitoring system processes and stopping or undoing any malicious activity which might be infecting one of these processes.
- Cloud-Based Malware Analysis – cloud-based system scans to detect if a given file is malware or not. Another useful provision for combating zero-day malware.
- Advanced Firewall Engine* - The customizable firewall offers solid security against inbound and outbound threats. This implies protection against hackers, malware, identity theft and various other network security threats. (available only with CIS Premium Free)
- Virus Removal Service* – PC users are infected with the virus and other such malware, can get their PC(s) repaired in no time by making use of the malware removal service which is a part of Comodo Internet Security (CIS) (available only with priced CIS editions)
- 24/7 Available Support* – Comodo Internet Security (CIS) users are also bestowed with the privilege of seeking the support's assistance anytime. All PC users have to do is just give us a call and our support team will be glad to help you out (available only with priced CIS editions).
- And Much More* – apart from this, there are several other technologies which come equipped with Comodo Free Antivirus which tackle malware as well as zero-day attacks effectively (available only with priced CIS editions).