Choosing the right antivirus software can be a tough task. Especially considering the wide range of security attacks our PC(s) are being subjected to these days. Whether you should go for high-end products? How efficient are antivirus products which offer best antivirus protection? Should you get the opinion of that geek buddy of yours? As you can realize, although getting an antivirus package for your PC may seem like an easy task, various factors involved can make you feel a bit overwhelmed.
Therefore in this blog let’s take a look at some of the factors to be considered before narrowing down on that antivirus package which will serve its purpose well – that of protecting your PC against various security threats out there.
1. Are You A Security-Conscious PC User? If you are that security-conscious user who thinks twice before visiting websites and avoid those which are deemed as insecure by various browsers, then an antivirus package with basic features to safeguard your PC should be enough. You don’t need to contemplate too much.
But, on the other hand, if you’re someone who uses the internet just as he or she pleases, then you have to give choosing the right antivirus some thought. You may need a heavy-duty antivirus software – obviously a paid one, no doubt – which can safeguard your PC against some serious security threats out there.
2. Is Cost Going To Influence Your Decision? Money plays a huge role in our decisions. Therefore if you’re too concerned about money, then it’s best to go for free antivirus software packages. These are usually good when it comes to securing smartphones, tablets and other such devices. But when it comes to a laptop or PC, you have no other choice but to go for a paid antivirus solution. Because of the simple reason that PC(s) are the most preferred targets for hackers.
3. What About The Trial Period? Another thing you should make note of. If the antivirus package you are checking out does not have a trial period, then it’s better to avoid them totally. Because it’s necessary that you should try it out first before buying it. Only if you try it out will you get to know the capabilities of the antivirus package.
Almost all antivirus packages today have a trial period. So no worries. But still it’s worth checking out the trial period – and its duration – before you settle down on a particular antivirus software.
4. Is The Software User-Friendly? This is probably the most important of all the points. Because at the end of the day only if the antivirus software is easy to use, will you be able to use it. Especially if you’re someone who does not know much about technology.
You can check this out while using the antivirus software during the trial period or by going through the online videos available on youtube or some other channel.
5. Do They Have a 24/7 Tech Support? Another very important piece of information you should find out. No matter how easy the user interface might be, there may arise a problem which you may not be able to fix on your own. During software updates or renewal or even installation. Therefore ensure the antivirus package you’re opting for has a 24/7 tech support so that your issues, if they arise, can be addressed easily.
There are other things which should be taken into account as well, like the antivirus’s compatibility with your system, what online reviews are saying, what online test lab results are suggesting and so on. But an important thing to bear in mind is that no matter how sophisticated your antivirus package might be, it would be reduced to nothing if you don’t exercise online discretion. Therefore choose wisely, act smartly. And your PC will be safe.